Event is FINISHED
Establishing a Business Entity in India: Legal Entities Available, Financing Options and Tax Considerations in Light of Recent Changes in the Law
About the Breakfast Briefing:
The recent substantial increase of foreign direct investment into India shows that more and more international companies have reached the conclusion that the long anticipated economic awakening of India will finally take place. At the same time, many foreign investors find it challenging to navigate the complex system governing foreign direct investment and the restrictions on the financing of foreign subsidiaries, India’s efforts to reduce bureaucracy and open its markets as well as its common law, heritage notwithstanding.
This breakfast briefing aims to provide an overview of the business entities (e.g. limited liability companies, branch office, liaison office and project office) available for foreign direct investment in India and will explain which type of business entity should be used in different scenarios. Further, Mr Koczian is going to cover the substantially different financing options for the entities as well as the topic of repatriation of profits and related tax liabilities.
About the Speaker:
Mr Alexander Koczian LL.M is a lawyer who currently heads the India office of Luther, an international law firm and corporate services provider. Prior to his current position he has worked in Singapore for over five years. In addition to both being qualified as civil law attorney-at-law and common law solicitor, he has been able to gain substantial experience with foreign direct investment in China in the past.
Mr Koczian will draw on these diverse experiences and his understanding of different expectations of clients when setting out the process of establishing and financing a business entity in India, and how the local legal framework differs substantially from what investors may have grown accustomed to in other Asian jurisdictions such as Singapore and China.
- Please note that registration starts at 7.45am
- Please be notified that pictures will be taken during the event for publications on our website, newsletters and printed publications.
- If you wish to cancel your reservation, do so at least two (2) working days in advance, or no refund will be provided. However, tickets are transferable.
- NO SHOWS or cancellation on the day of the event will be charged the full amount.
- The event description was updated. Diff#128186 2015-11-05 02:16:51
Add to Calendar
Tue Nov 24, 2015
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM SGT
8:00 AM - 9:30 AM SGT
- Raffles Hotel Singapore, Jubilee Lounge, Level 3
SGC Members (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $50.00 SGC Members (incl. 7% GST) $50.00 Guests (incl. 7% GST) SOLD OUT $79.00
- Venue Address
- Raffles Hotel Singapore, 1 Beach Road Singapore 189673 (Please use North Bridge Road Entrance) Singapore
Want to find more groups and events like this?